Thursday, November 12, 2015

November 9, 2015


This week was filled with excitement and miracles. To start off the week we went to the cartorio with Vitor and Lorenna! We put there papers in on Tuesday so that they can be legally married on the December 16th and baptized the 17th! we are super excited that they finally made this big step to get married and be baptized as a family of 3! Picture is included.

We received a references of a family that is really, really awesome. We went there on Thursday and we shared the message about Joseph Smith. At the beginning they were alittle sceptical but by the time the wife was reading Moroni 10:4-6 she was in tears. The spirit was really strong that night. We returned the next day and we left videos and other material of the church. On Sunday they rolled up in there Sundays best and half of the members asked them what ward they were from. To put the cherry on top they went to the fireside Sunday night which was about how to be self sufficiency. They loved every second of it. We marked a family night on Thursday. I´ll keep you guys posted. 

  This week we had the baptism of Emily. We found a family that wasn´t going to church for 6 years. We started visiting them until the mom returned to church and started bringing her five kids! Emily is the oldest of the 5 kids and the entire family is super excited to returned to church. The baptism was a great way to help this family remember to feels they have already felt in the church. Emilys Grandpa was able to come and do the baptism! 

  This week was amazing. We were blessed to have 13 investigators at church and we are praying that everything will go right until they are baptized. I had a weird experience where I woke up an hour early than I usually do. I woke up with this overwhelming feeling of joy. I was in a stage of excitement and peace, I have never felt this so strong in my life. As I sat there reflecting on the people and miracles we have encountered, I received a confirmation. A confirmation that this is exactly where I need to be, exactly what I need to be doing. I love my mission and I love the people that I serve. The things I am learning are priceless and without a doubt God is putting them in my path for me to learn from them. 
Cherish  every moment in life because life is to short to complain. Thank you for the prayers and support!

Com Amor,
Elder Seth


No comments:

Post a Comment