Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015

Hey everyone! 


This week was great. To start off Francimere was baptized this Saturday. It was truly a miracle because I didn´t know if she was going to be baptized because she seemed really uneasy. But we went to her house Tuesday and she said that she had a dream. She had a dream that she was being baptized. Then she still had doubts about whether or not she should be baptized. Then the next night she dreamed the same thing. She took this as an answer from God and was baptized. I know that she will be really blessed because of this act. 
   Then on Sunday Yasmin and Fancimere were both confirmed. they were the first people to walk into church on Sunday morning. It was such a special experience to see my recent converts blessing and passing the sacrament. They have little time as member but they are growing so fast in the gospel. It just adds to the strengthening of my testimony of this Church and the affects it has on people.
  HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK. So we received a reference from a less active member who has stopped going to church for awhile. The reference he gave us was  Moisés. Moisés is a lawyer who is super smart, he graduated from the Federal College and has a family. Anyways we got to his house Friday nightand it was pouring rain. We started teach the lesson and it felt that it was a disaster. His Wife had to feed the baby, then had to give it a bath because it got dirty. Then the pizza arrived. I was dying inside because I was doing everything I could to maintain the spirit but I felt that the situation wasn´t going to let it happen. Then we explained about baptism and the need of it. With the lesson torn up because of the constant interuptions we bore a simple but firm testimony of how we need to be baptized and that everyone needs to be baptized in that form to open the gates of the heavens. Moisés sat there thinking until he said, ´´Elder Seth, Elder Montes, I want to be baptized, how can I do this?´´ I had to catch my falling jaw. It was literally a miracle because I was almost certain that we had failed to share the important message. We asked his wife if she also desired to enter in the Kingdom of God. Without hesitation she said she was thinking the same thing as her husband. We marked a date for the 13th of Dec! I learned that very moment that baring a strong testimony in the things that you believe allows the Holy spirit penetrate the hearts of people.
   This Friday will be a wedding reception of Sandra and Julio. Then on Sunday they will be baptized as a family! Can´t wait
  These as just a few of the many miracles I saw this week. I´m so grateful for the inspiration of my President to put me in this area right now. I know that I was called to serve here for a purpose. Not just to teach others but to learn and strength my testimony with them. The mission is an amazing experience. Love it. 
Com Amor,
Elder Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment