Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 19, 2014-

Hey Everyone,

The enter button is broken on this board so HA. My preparation day was changed to today because We are going to the Federal Police Friday. So you guys wont hear from me until ten days from now.

Not that much has happened in the past few days. Its crazy how much you want something you cant have. We went to go and purchase peanut butter so we could have some good protein after our workouts. There happens to be a small jar that costs 15 American dollars. Thats crazy, now I know why Dad hauls down suitcases of that stuff each week.

Thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa for the Grandchildren's letter. My entire district was so jealous that my family has its own news paper. I would say every other night we wake up to gun shots, which strangely I like. It makes me feel like I'm on the streets when I'm really locked up in the CTM.

A lot of the Brazilian have seen the movie Enchanted and they say i look like the Prince. I'm not sure if thats a compliment or not. My room mates have told me some funny sleep walking stories about me. They never get old. One of the things I'm working on this week is patience. That is one of my biggest weaknesses. Being a kid with really bad ADD I tend to get annoyed easily. Especially during quiet time and someone starts humming or whistling. It kills me.

We just hit our half way mark in the CTM. I'm able to carry on a 45 min conversation with a Brazilian on church doctrine. sure I sound like a gringo but I'll take it. God has truly helped me through this difficult time. From missing home to dealing with the extreme amount to learn. I want everyone to know that I happy to serve the Lord for the next two years. Miss you guys a lot. I'd love to receive some pictures, i cant get any through the computer. Its going to be weird not to have my Birthday at home with 2 football practices and getting ready for school. Turning big 19 this week so pumped. I carry a fortune cookie paper in my wallet that says.....Change is not merely necessary to life. It is life.

Love,
Elder. Neeleman                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment