Friday, August 15, 2014

Dear Everyone,
  
First off I'm going to say sorry again for the horrible grammar, I have little time and no spell check. Everyone told me it was going to be down hill after the first week, but I wouldn't believe until it was behind me. I was so frustrated with everything. Missed home, American food, friends, family, and a bed where my feet didn't hang off. It was really difficult to go from free lancing in senior summer to being apart of something that is very similar to a military program. Big changes in my life to say the least. But at the second week came around things started to get better. I can that the Lord for answering my prayers. i was in some serious need of some help. That week we had 2 Brazilian Missionaries move into our room, they didn't speak a lick of English which was a blessing. In order to communicate with them we had to truly study the language. We would hound them with questions on how to say and pronounce stuff. Good thing they are the nicest people, they loved helping us. Its to bad that they will only be here for 2 weeks since they don't need to learn a language.
   
Daniel wasn't lying when he said I would be eating beans on rice for 6 days straight for 3 meals. And for the last day we would eat rice on beans. I'm so glad I love that food combo or else I'd lose so much weight. Some of the elders in my district just eat the rice.....ewwww, there in for a long 2 years. My favorite part of the meals is the fresh juice, I have to water it down because its so sweet. I really enjoy the food which is a big plus.
       Besides sunday being my favorite day because its the day of rest, I would have to say that Wednesday is the best behind sunday. Because thats when the new American missionaries come in. I just think to myself, things could be so much worse, I could be those sorry kids not knowing what's about to happen to them. I always go up to them and try to make them feel better and say things I wish people said to me. Our district has truly advanced a lot.
       Its crazy how affective the Gift of tongues is, God truly does work miracles. When you are one with the Spirit you just get it. Word, phrases, verb tenses just stick to your mind like glue. Although it doesn't seem like it the words always come back when I need to use them in a lesson or conversation. This week truly did fly by. My mission President told us the first day, It may not be the best two years of your life, but it will be the best two years for your life. Its so true. It's hard but I'm learning things that will help me for the rest of my life. I've learned things I never dreamed I could learn.
I'll finish with a scripture, D&C 4:2. google that if you don't have this book at home haha. Talk to everyone in 7.
here is my correct address sorry about that

Brazil Brasilia Mission
Rua Padre Anotonio D Angelo, 121
Casa Verde
02516-040 Sao Paulo -SP
Brazil


Love,
Elder Neeleman

No comments:

Post a Comment