Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014

Well this week was one of the hardest weeks on the mission for me. At the beginning of the week I wasn't feeling so good. It kept getting worse and worse. Until I realized I hadn't eaten for 3 days. I called Sister Lungren and I had to go to the Hospital. First off I'm pretty sure people could easily die in these hospitals because in the emergency part I waited 4 hours to even have a doctor look at me. My head my pounding every second and my stomach was hurting so much. They immediately hooked me up to an IV and I went through 3 big bags because my body was so dehydrated.

    After that they had me take a cat scan of my stomach to see if I had something wrong with appendix. I was so happy when they told me there wasn't anything that needed surgery. I had an infection in my  stomach that lasted for 2 more days but was eventually killed by the antibiotics. They told me I could only get rice, bread, and grilled chicken for a week. Nothing else.

   Just as I thought things couldn't get worst President got back from São Paulo and said that an Area 70 Presidency said that he isn't allowed to open anymore areas. My heart was broken. I was so excited. My comp and I had already ironed our first shirts, planned our first meal, etc. It really hurt.

   Then the house were staying at lost power of course hahahaha. I started to ask why is this happening to us? I had a really great spiritual experience. I was literally at my worst state. So what did I do? Prayed its crazy how fast your attitude can change with the help of God. It really was instantly. Because I had received this feeling of its all going to work out. Being here I could have a horrible attitude about whats happening or I can use it as a learning experience. Such as being more thankful for little things like lights, good health, etc. Sure these events brought my spirits down for a short time but because of it I'm extremely happy to be here with my new comp.

   Nós vamos para Palmas. My comp has already served there any he has told me its awesome. My comp loves to have fun but lets just say we get work done. I will only have 9 weeks more with this guy so I'm going to make every second count trying to learn everything from him. I can't wait to finally leave this area and start getting work done. I know why I'm here and I know what I need to do. 2 years is a short time to sacrifice for this Church. I can have when ever I want, Its only one prayer away.



Hope everyone is doing great.

Com Amor,

Elder Seth


No comments:

Post a Comment