Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

One More Dawn, One More Day, One Day More.


I want to start out by saying this week was 1000 time better than last week for a lot of reasons. To start it off special thanks to Dad for helping us get a flight up to my new area. Generally it is a 13 hour bus ride. So grateful Azul flies from Brasilia to Palmas.  Having to jump on the plane for one hour really makes a huge difference when I was still recovering from my stomach ordeal.
   
When I first got to Palmas someone said to me welcome to the Mission of Palmas. After first I didn't understand what he meant but I quickly found out. Things are just different up here. To start out the weather here is on average 16 degrees hotter than all the other areas on the mission. Its so hot each missionary home is required to have air conditioning where as not one house in other areas have AC. Sure its super hot here, you have to constantly wipe your face with a rag to get the sweat out of your eyes even at night time. But honestly it doesn't affect my mood at all. Because its really what you make of the situations. That's when I realized the significance of The Mission of Palmas. Its hot, your never going to stop sweating, but your going to love every moment. Every single person we have tried to talk to on the streets takes the time to talk to us and always allows us to visit them in the home. People are just different here is a great way.

I've only been here for 5 days and I already never want to leave the Mission of Palmas. Numbers wise they out work and out baptize every other Zone in the mission by a landslide.
   
Another great this about this area is that food is sooooo cheap. We bought this huge watermelon for only 5 Reis. Its was huge to say the least. There was no way I could pass up this amazing offer so with out hesitation I bought it. Well our house was 3 miles up the road. I cradled that watermelon like my first born son. I have even more empathy for mothers that carry there kids around all day. Lets just say its a Marathon not a dash. My arm were losing all there strength. And for sure sweaty hands didn't help the situation. But of course the endures was worth that tasty water melon.

Although this story seems insignificant I was able to relate it to my life. If we just hang in there an do thing that we know will benefit us in the long run I know that our lives will be better. For example, studying for school, it can be the worst at times. So many other great this to do. But getting good grades will dictate your College and probably where you get hired. You can honestly relate this to anything. I'm going to start thinking of how I can change my actions now to benefit my life in the long run.
 
A lot more happen this week but this is already to long and I'm running low on time. Thank you so much for the package of goodies guys!!! I must say the pictures were easily my favorite because its good to actually hold them and know everyone is doing great back home! Cant wait for this week, time is already flying!

Com Amor,
Elder Seth



No comments:

Post a Comment