Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Feb. 2, 2015

‎Semana foi Chique de mais!!!

At the start of this week I was really nervous because my comp said that he would only be with me for 3 of the 7 days this week. And that I would have to stay with Elder Sanchez. This worried me because I would have to a be the senior while he was gone since Elder Sanchez has less time than me. But, it was actually one of the best weeks Iv had on the mission! I had to be the example and take responsibility of the work.
 
I want to start out by saying if your truly try to give it your all, God will bless you. sometimes in very strange ways that you would never expect. On Wednesday it was a hot sunny day without a cloud in the sky. Within 5 minutes clouds have moved it and it started pouring cats and dogs. Not wanted to get our bags soaked we started to look for a door to knock on. Immediately my eye caught this one door that was alittle farther down the street. Vamos lá! We took off sprinting and started knock on this door as we were getting soaked. A woman came to the door and let us in. Inside was a missionary gold mined. Uma Família. We taught them about the Restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ and invited them to Church. That following Sunday only 2 of the six came. But they loved it! and they said next time that everyone would come!! Crazy how sometimes God has to send a floor to help us find those elects. Were going back there this week and going to mark a date with all of them!
 
This week was really weird to say the least. I was thinking it was going to be one of the hardest and least productive weeks of the mission, by surprisingly it was the week where I had the highest numbers! With the help of the Lord we found 20 new investigators and had 8 people go to Church on such short notice. the best part of all is the Members of the Ward are really getting involved and helping out. They are befriending our investigators so they feel a home. I was so grateful for the help the Lord gave me this week and for the determination and confidence he gave me.
   
My comp will be away from the area this week again to so hopefully we are able to work just as hard and help as many people as we can come unto Cristo. The month of Feb we are fasting and praying that we can bring people to the waters of baptism. Can wait.

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow up north because I'm getting roasted down here but loving every second of it. Work hard, Play hard.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to be serving the people of Brasil. I always keep thinking that they are serving me with all the things I'm learning through experiences with them. I'm loving my life and I hope that time can slow down because its passing way to fast.

Com Amor,
Elder Seth

P.S We found a tarantula. Wanted to make it our pet but my comp woosed out on me.
‎‎

No comments:

Post a Comment