Monday, January 26, 2015

January 26, 2015



This week was great. My comp was still sick until Tuesday but Wednesday we got done to business. It was crazy. Although we didn´t get to work for the first few days it was probably the most hard working week I had on the mission. Being the Comp of the Zone Leader is great because we have this idea. How can we ask other to be teaching certain number of lesson, doing certain number of contacts, ect if were not doing it.
   Our goal is to make the example to show others that its possible. Not to show that we are better then them, but to show them that the key is hard work.That really is the key on the mission, if your working hard all the time then you will see miracle. You WILLfind those Elects.
   This week was filled with miracles. One miracle was on Wednesday. It was 2 in the afternoon which is the hottest time of the day and the sun was blazing.(37C) and ninguèm was on the street. We were scaling the walls to try to avoid getting burned and I had this feeling that I should knock on a certain door. This door was to the nicest house on the street by far and had a flag of one of the other churches down the street(showing that they are of that Church). This house had everything that pointed to people that would careless to hear our message.  
   But following that feeling we knocked on the door. A man opened the door and took pity on the 2 young men sweating head to toe and let us in. This was literally every missionaries dream. A complete family with kids. We taught the Restoration and about the Book Of Mormon. It was amazing because at first they were very closed off but they gained more and more interest until the ask us. So where can we buy this Book of Mormon? I don´t have alot of time to write but I just want to say that this was one of the most memorable moments in my life.The Holy ghost Told us to do something that didn´t make any sense at all. But we did it and it resulted in finding a family of Elects.
   Crazy things happen when you are TRY to doing everything right. God knows that nobody is perfect. But he knows who is TRY to be perfect. For that he blesses those people. Its so weird how doing the little things right really make the big differences.
  I had many more experience like the one I shared but I don´t have much time. I´m so grateful for my comp and that he has that desire to TRY to be perfect. I have already seen a big difference. I hope everyone will have a great week!

Also Bispo had me give another talk this Sunday. And surpise he asked me to talk about the Holy Ghost. Giving talks are getting alittle easier for me because I missionaries a always targeted to give them.

Last thing we made this contact with this man, Crispem. He is a professional fighter. He is crazy to say the least, he snapped his arm and he is still training. He love the missionaries and now he is giving us free lessons 2 times a week.(Don´t worry we got permission and were not fighting, hes like a personal trainer) Its super hard but im loving it.  By the number of metals you can tell this guy is a winner.


Loving life down here in Brasil. hope everyone is doing great up in the States.Save some snow for me!

Com Amor,
Elder Seth‎

No comments:

Post a Comment