Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015

‎‎Oi Familia,

  We had transfers this week and I was transferred from Palmas to Brasilia, Gama Leste.

 It was a really weird feeling to leave because that was my home for the past 5 months. Looking back the time seemed to pass by like a drop of a hat. But reflecting on what happened brought joy to my heart. The bonds I made, the miracles I saw, and the changes that happened to me. I will never forget those blazing hot days in Palmas where people who let us into there house because they didn´t want the white kid to get skin cancer.

   I will never forget the kind gestures and acts of love that the member did for me. When they found out that I was leaving, I ate 4 churrascos. It wasn´t the churrasco that made me feel their love, it was the fact that they don´t have alot of money, but they did what they could. They truly are faithful servants of the Lord.

 Unfortunately, I didn´t get to watch alot of Conference because Elder Labrada and I had to run around making sure that everything for the transfer would run smoothly. But the parts I was able to watch were clearly inspiring and meant to change your lives for the better. I would be lying if those talks didn´t get me excited to have a family. I will use my next Pday watching them to make sure I hear of the revelation that was given to us by God.

 I was really sad to leave my Comp because we grew really close. He literally became my brother. Although he lived on the West coast and I lived on the East coast, our lives are very similar. This made our bond so strong because we knew where the other one was coming from. The things I learned from him will never be forgotten. I can´t wait to see what he will do after the mission. He will be going home when I hit 1 year, in 3 months.

I'm super excited for this new area. My comp is Elder Xavier. He is from Rio Grande Do Sul. He was in the CTM with Vanessa! hahaha. I'm really excited to work with him and get this zone baptizing. I´v been with him for only 4 hours and already 3 people have asked if we were brothers. Looks like I can be considered a Brazilian, I just need to kill my accent.


I hope everyone had a great Easter. Remember about our Savior and the sacrifice he did for you. That you  have the chance to return and live with our Heavenly Father. I'm loving my mission and I'm excited to see what bonds, miracles, and changes that are waiting for me in the future.

Com Amor,
Elder Seth

P.S Here is way cooler!!!! I'm looking forward to that fact that I won´t be sweating anymore after the sun goes down!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment