Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27, 2015 Miracles

‎‎MIRACLES 

I don´t even know where to start this week. I have never been so happy on the mission. This week was a week of miracles. Not only did I see miracles with Elder Xavier but with other missionaries and our zone. 

  We were lucky enough to do a split with the Assistants to the President this week Elder Bean,(Texas) Elder Duarte( São Paulo). They came to our area to see how the work is good and if they were able to help with something. It was so cool so see how they work, teach, and treat others. I learned alot from them and I felt the spirit that they had. I was able to understand why they were called to be APs. We had to do some interview for some people that were preparing to be baptized, so sadly our day with them was cut short.

 Elder Bean and I went to a different area to do some baptism interviews. It was one of the greatest experiences I ever done because it was with 3 people from Ghana, Africa. They came to Brasil for the World Cup and they ended up staying. They are working here in Brasil and sending money back home to Ghana. They are living very humble lives so they can help there families back home. They are super kind and I could tell that they had a strong desire to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ. It was an eye opener for me because the gospel of God is for everyone and every place . It doesn´t matter if your from the US, Africa, China, ect If you have a desire to follow Christ you will feel his love in your life. It was a testamony builder for me and this work that I am doing. That the gospel has to be shared with everyone. So that they can have the chance to accept Jesus Christ.

 This week in Gama all the Missionaries got the chance to baptize. It was a great experience because all 4 of us have been working super hard these pass few weeks to find the Lords elects. Elder Xavier and I have the privilege to baptize Rhuan(12) and Gostavo(14). Rhuan was a cousin of a recent convert. One day he asked why his cousin had changed so much. We showed him why. He loved the church by hes parents wouldn´t let him get baptized. We prayed to figure out what we could do to help his parents realize that baptize is important. We thought that they best way was to serve them. We ended up doing a service project for them. The Dad was so grateful that he let Rhaun be baptised the next day! Gustavo was the same way. From the first time he visited the church he felt something really different. He said he felt at peace at our church. His family is having some problems and he said that at church he stop worrying about the problems. We had over 70 people at the baptism, we are so grateful for the support of the ward. I was so grateful to be apart of there baptisms and I know that this wil be an event changer for the better. 

 I only have time to talk about what happened Saturday and Sunday but without a doubt we saw a lot more miracle than I was able to talk about. My comp is that best. He is always serving me with little things like ironing my shirt, make food, ect. At time I get mad at him because I don´t know what I can do to repay him. Loving my area, comp and my mission. Its so sad how fast the days are passing. It seems like I don´t have time to live in the moment. 

Hope everyone is doing well! 
Com Amor,
Elder Seth









No comments:

Post a Comment