Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015- Mother's Day


‎This week was amazing. First off, it was great to talk to everyone back home over skype! I loved hearing your voices and being able to talk. It was short but with out a doubt memorable. Thank you Mother for being so loving to me, there is no way I can possible pay you back for all the things you have done for me. I was so nervous when I was talking to the family of Elder Xavier, their  family is huge just like ours. I´m pretty sure they think I have problems because I couldn't  formulate a sentence. Sadly I think I lost my chance to live with them after the mission hahaha.

    Sadly 5 of our missionaries were transferred today to other Zones. I´m sad to see them leave but i´m also very excited to see some new blood in our areas. The zone is finally getting the groove down, can´t wait so see them work.

  Last Pday we had our zone activity which was bowling. I loved ever second of it. Even though I was one of the worst ones there. Of course my Comp destroyed me when he rarely played before the mission. Looks like Thanksgiving Bowling with the Fam really didn´t help me out. I loved seeing everyone having fun, they really deserved it because of how hard they worked this transfer. Everyone was able to relax and have a good time. 

 On Friday we had 2 baptisms! Samily and Tailany. Samily is the cousin of a member. She has being going to church for a few weeks and we finally realized that she wasn´t baptized. We taught her all the lessons with her cousin Cleriston who will be leaving for his mission in 3 months. It was such a special experience to see him baptize his Cousin before he left on his mission.

 Tailany was a contact that we did when we were visiting a reference. The person that we were looking for wasn´t home, so we ended up talking to Tailany.  She was timid at first once we broke the ice she opened up. She said that she was hesitant at first because she had heard all of bad things about us. She  told us that she was looking for a church that was true but never felt that she had found it. A few weeks ago she was in sacrament meeting and she turned  over and said ´´So when I can I get baptized?´´ The rest was history and she stopped drink alcohol and coffee the same day that we taught her. Elder Xavier and I were so surprised with the faith and obedience that she had. I know that because of this church her life and the lives of her family member will be better!

  I don´t know that else to say rather than I´m happy. I´m truly loving my time here in Gama. I miss my family and friends but I have no desire to return home until my 2 years are up. I hope everyone is enjoying the little things of life. The little things we appreciate will make the biggest differences is our lives. Até o próximo.


Com Amor,
Elder Seth






No comments:

Post a Comment