Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015


‎This we was super busy for us. But it was really great.

 This week Elder Xavier and I were focusing a lot on or recent converters and helping the ward out. It really hard to give the same type of attention to your recent converts as we gave before they were baptized.  Its hard at times to time budget recent converts, less actives, and find new people to teach. For this reason, we are starting to help out members that are strong to gain that testimony of missionary work. It is making the biggest difference for us because we are able to work on finding new people and not worry about our recent baptisms getting the attention they need.
 
 The members here are fantastic and are starting to getting  the vision of missionary work. They are visiting people, inviting them to eat, etc. This is perfect for your recent converts because their testimonies are growing still, with a friend at there side. They will progress in the gospel at a fast rate. We can baptize every single person in the world, but if they don´t stay firm in the Church, it is  just in vain.

 Many of you remember Thainá who was baptized a few weeks ago. She is doing great and we are teaching her friends right now. One of her friends is Sthela. Sthela is awesome. She is 17 years old and some rough things have already happened in her life. Her Dad passed away 1 year ago and she was really close to him.  We taught the Plan of Salvation and she was crying  when we told her that she could see her Dad again. It was a really spiritual experience for everyone there. I loving testifying that our lives have a purpose and family are meant to be together forever. On the next visit we taught about baptism and we marked a date with her!!!! We thought she would not accept but the Spirit touched her heart.

 The Stake President asked if our Zone could sing at a fireside last Saturday. I was really cool because it was about Religious Freedom. There was a lot of people for other Churches there. It was really beautiful and we have a new Sister that plays the Violin. It worked out perfectly. We wore pink ties(wasn´t my choice) But it turned out perfect.

  Elder Xavier is the best. It´s sad that I only have 5 more weeks  with him. I think my favorite part about him is that he has everything, but he is very humble. He is smart, kind, funny, etc I´m learning so  much from him, the things he teaches me,  and also through his example.

I´m loving my mission. I loving building the Kingdom of God here on the earth. This is where I need to be for these 2 years.

Shout out to one of my great friend and examples, Sterling who is leaving to serve a mission in Brasil. Congrats my Brother, your going to love every second,  Bem-vindo aos Céus

Com Amor,
Elder Seth


No comments:

Post a Comment