Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 6, 2015

‎What a week!!!

‎Happy 4th of July to everyone. I hope it was memorable. My week was way different than my usual week here in Brazil.
  To start off on the morning of the 3rd I did a trade with my First comp Elder Najarro from last year! It was really great to be back with him and to teach together. It felt like we were back in our first area, walking on the dusty streets of Jardim Ingá. The day in Novo Gama was fantastic. We were able to find alot of new people for him to teach. Also we marked 4 baptismal dates with people that wouldn´t accept in the past. It was a blast because I was able to do alittle more teaching this time, unlike a year ago when I understood nothing.To finish off the day we ordered pizza. Elder Najarro, Freitas, and Goodsell(my close friend from the CTM). This picture is included.
  The next day we had to leave early because we had a baptism interview to do in Santa Maria. As we were arriving Elder Goodsell called us with a stressed voice. He said that President had called and said the Elder Freitas's Grandma had died and that he wanted going home. (Elder Freitas has had 7 months on the mission, and 3 months ago his Aunt died. He was also really close to his Grandma.) We told Goodsell to keep calm and that we were returning right away.
   When we got back to Novo Gama, Freitas was packing his bags and he was crying hysterically. We tried everything to keep him calm and to stop packing his bags. Finally after 2 hours of gentle encouragement he calmed down. We told him that eating would help so we went to lunch at a members house close by.
  We started to eat at this sweet old lady´s house who loves the missionaries. It was dead silent because of the loss of his Grandma. Then during lunch with food still on the plate Elder Freitas received a call. It was his family. He started to cry and shout because he discovered that his Grandma would be buried that same day. We started to calm him down again.Then suddenly the sweet old member passed out. At that moment everyone was scared. For five minutes this sweet old lady was lights out. We were feeling for a pulse and fanning her. It felt like all chaos was let loose. Finally we felt the prompting of the Holy Ghost to give her a Priesthood blessing. As we finished the blessing the her eyes opened and she stood up as if nothing had happened.
   We looked at each other dumb struck. My testimony of the Priesthood was re confirmed that day from the moment I had the feeling to give a blessing to when she stood up. I know that this power is real and it is the power of God.
  We were all praying and fasting for Elder Freitas that he would have courage to stay here on the mission. He had an interview with the mission President and he was here today at our Zone activity!! I was so happy to see his face. I know that the Lord with bless him for his courage during this difficult time. I respect him so much.
 I am short on time but thank you everyone for the emails. Means alot to me. I missed all of you guys during this week of the 4th. I hope all is well!(I included some photos of the week)
Com Amor,
Elder Seth

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment