Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 2015


‎WEIRD WEATHER

To start off the weather lately is extremely weird. During the day is super hot and you feel like you are melting in the sun. Also it has been without rain for months and  it dryer than a desert. And at night is super cold where you need 2 blanks to keep warm. Because of this rapid changing of temperatures I´v had a cold with a stuffy nose for 2 weeks. But it plays part in the mission.

Looking back this week was blur. It passed really fast with great moments and difficult moments. Since I´m training I´m trying to do everything I can to teach my comp how to be the best missionary on his mission. Through these moments I´m getting a sample of how it is as a Dad. Your kid is a reflection of the parents. The apple doesn´t fall far from the tree usually. I have been trying to be more like Christ to help my comp be a better missionary and person. Boy is it a test. I fine myself being harder on myself than any other person so that I can be that example. At times I wonder what else I can do. Through this process I can feel changes happening in my heart.

 This week I was pondering alot about my purpose here on my mission. Why I had to leave my house for 2 years  to talk about The Church of Jesus Christ. When I got here I thought my purpose was to just baptize. But with time,  I realized that I´m a farmer in the Lord's plantation. Without a doubt one of my functions is to harvest the ready crops and baptize  the people that are ready. But also I´m here to plant the seeds too. At times when teaching someone something, at that moment they aren´t ripe, they aren´t willing to listen. But maybe in a few months or years they will need that message. At times I feel like no one is wanting  to follow the example of Christ, but I need to try to understand that, at  this very moment they don´t want to follow Christ, but later in life they will. And because of that planted seed they will grow in the gospel.

  I was blessed to have a talk with the Stake President and he was able to pass many words of wisdom. He said: At times what you are doing doesn´t seems  affective but if you are doing everything you can. Some day  you will look back at see all the changes you made. This gave me a feeling of comfort because in life we will do everything we can, and in the moment nothing happens. But after we can see the seeds we planted and the fruit that is ready to be harvested.

 I´m so grateful for the mission. I´m so grateful the lessons I´v learned that have helped me to be  more patience and more loving. These lesson would never be learned without a trial. The trial is what pushes us out of our comfort zone and causes a change. It can be a good change or a bad change. This change is determined by our will power during this time of chaos. I´m so grateful for the Savior and his presences during these difficult times so that I can have the will power to make a good change.

I invite all of you to remember that we can´t control what difficulties we will have in life but we can control how we react to them.

Thank you for the love and support of all my friends and family members. I feel your  prayers helping me everyday.

Remember that you can make a good change but one with the assistance of our Heavenly Father. Amo vocês!

Com Amor,
Elder Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment