Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015- A week of Miracles!


This week was full of miracles and great experiences. We worked really hard and we saw the Lord bless us for our efforts. I love the feeling when you collapse on your bed dead tired because you did everything you could that day.
   To start off meu filho (my son) had his first baptism! He was really nervous but he did great. He deserved it because he has been trying so hard! When I saw the baptism I had a flashback of my first baptism and how it was an event that I will never forget. It was an experience special and spiritual to me. I sure that he will never forget his first baptism also.
  This week we receive a reference to visit a woman with the name of Kayla. We went to see here and the lesson was amazing. She is an elect to say the least. She was married for 20 years and her husband controlled her  life. She couldn´t study, she had to go to his church, she didn´t have any freedom. Finally she couldn´t take it any longer and she ended her marriage. Since this moment her life has been super busy because she is working to pay the rent and studying law to live up her dream to be a judge. During the week she leaves her house 5:30am to work and then she studies at a college, she gets home a 10:30 every night.
   When she told me how busy her life is I was so shocked  that she accepted to let  us  visit her on her Saturday. This showed us that she has a strong desire to find the right path. We taught the Restoration and I was dying because she has a big old cat and my allergies still are killing me. But In the end everything we fine. She accepted the invitation to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. The we invited her to go to church with us on Sunday morning. I was thinking in the back of my head that she wouldn´t accept because it´s early and she will be tired from a long week. but to my surprise she accepted! We went by her house Sunday morning and she was waiting for us in her Sunday clothes. But wait there is more. She stayed for the 3 hours and at the end I asked what she thought. She said ´´Eu adorei´´ (I loved it)She stayed  for 1 hour after at the Church to watch the baptism.
  I´m filled with such joy and happiness that the Lord has put someone so special in my path. I know that the things we will share with her will change her life for the better. I´m just sad that we can´t get the ball rolling fast because we can only visit her on the weekends, but God will give us a way.
   Transfers are coming up in 2 weeks and sadly after being in Gama for 6 months I think I´m getting transferred. I´m going to work my hardest so that I can leave the area better than when I found it. I love this place and the people here.
 Thank you so much Family for the box that I received. I´m so grateful for the letter and paintings that I received from my nieces and nephews. I can´t believe that they are so big now! I hope that when I return they will recognize there favorite uncle ;)
  This work that I´m doing is without pay of money but I can fill the personal and spiritual payment that I am receive everyday from the Lord. I know this labor that I am doing is a sacred labor and that I was called by a prophet of God. I know that my mission is being led by President Lundgren who is a inspired man to guide us. I know my Savior lives and that we can us he blood that he sacrificed to clean away our sins so that we can be free of the guilt and pain.
  I´m happy so say that our mission will have the privilege to be visited by Elder Costa the 9th of September. I can´t wait to her his inspiring words.

Thank you for he support everyone!

Com Amor,
Elder Seth




No comments:

Post a Comment