Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 4, 2016


To Start off Happy New Years to all. 

This past year of 2015 was one of the most interesting years of my life. Without a doubt it was the year that I feel I grew the most  as a person. Looking back at the people I have met and experiences I have had it was incredible. The moments of happiness and moments of sadness were all part of this journey that I am having here in Brasil. Before I started my mission everyone said through the difficulties we pass through on a mission, we are developed in a magnified form at a faster rate. I learned that this year for sure. I am truly grateful for this opportunity to be a servant of the Lord. At times, when we finally achieve a goal in life, the real achievement is the attributes that we gained in process of achieving that goal. 

Although I am really happy with the progress I made in this past year,  I am far from satisfied. This New Year I was able to reflect and pray about goals that would push me to my limits and help me improve everyday. I challenge everyone to make yearly goals so that they can focus on things that are truly important in life.

This week was great. Everyone is returning home from break and they are want to make changes in their lives.  We have an investigator who told us to pass by one day. When we entered his house I felt like we had just entered in the lion's den. His parents had a event for their church in their house. It was jam packed with members of their church. Everything was calm for the first two minutes.  Then we started getting pelted with questions from the Pastor who didn't want to hear the answers. We asked him him if was interested in arguing or did he want to learn? Then we just went off and explained everything. He tried to prove us wrong, but we just kept going. At the end everyone was listening to every word we were saying. When we were done, We told them that we had to leave and everyone begun to ask "Where is your church?" The Pastor yelled, you´re not going there! When he stormed out we passed around a paper where many put their names and contact information on the paper to receive a visit.  I am so grateful for the spirit and the help it gave us. At the beginning I was super nervous but I said a little prayer and the Lord did the rest. We were able to stay calm and show the people we are truly God's Representatives.  

We are working hard and finding a lot of great families. We are so grateful for the Ward. They are helping so much. They are giving a lot of references and doing what they can to help. Transfers are coming up in 2 weeks. I wouldn't mind staying herefor another 6 weeks, but it is not up to me, it up to the Lord. One of the many things I have learned is this work is inspired.

Thank you everyone for the support and love. Time is passing by so quickly!!!

Com Amor, 

Elder Seth


No comments:

Post a Comment