Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016-Elder Seth's Final Email!

Well without a doubt my last week on the mission was one of the most unforgettable. Looking back I can´t say what was the best week of my mission because every week built on this amazing experience. To start out we had 6 baptisms on Saturday. Jessica, Isabele, Nicolas, João, Vilane, and Thaiane. It was an extremely spiritual meeting and clearly made a difference in everyones´ life who was there. The members said that there has never been a baptismal serves with so many people in the last ten years! It was an honor and a privilege to serve in the area of Guará. I was able to give me last talk in Portuguese as a missionary and I got alittle emotional. I was thinking about how my next sacrament meeting would be in english after 104 Sundays in Brasil. After all this I felt that something was lacking, that I still had something more to do.

   On Sunday one of the most meaningful events happened to me. So 8 months ago I was in another area called Aguas Claras. And one day my comp and I were returning home and wanted to buy something to eat really quickly. As we were walking past a college a girl called out "hey Elders". We went and talked to her(Clarissa) and we discovered that she was a less active and her whole family was inactive(Marcia,Cássia, Clarissa, Carine, and Lehi) We got her number and address so that we could visit her family.

So we marked a visit and she cancelled, marked again, cancelled, and a third time, cancelled. Usually when someone does this I stop trying because our time is really precious. But the holy ghost was telling me that we had to keep trying. Finally on the 4th try we were able to visit them and leave a message. Then we were able to visit them again and we found out that her little brother was 8 years old and had never been baptized. After this visit I was transferred and I was super sad because I wasn´t able to bring the amazing family back to church. As a last attempt I wrote a letter from the heart to this family and gave to the Bishop.

 I was always thinking about this family for the last 8 months. I thought that they had completely forgotten about me and weren´t able to return to church. Then this week I got a call from the Bishop from Aguas Claras. He told me that this family was active and asked me if I could baptized there brother/son Lehi.

Without a doubt it was one of the most spiritual baptismal services I have ever had. The 2nd oldest of the family(Clarissa) bore her testimony and told the story about how she called my comp and I and that she had an empty feeling. She starting going back to church then stopped going. Then out of nowhere she felt that she needed to go to church. That Sunday Bishop gave her the letter that I had left for her family. She said she went outside to read the letter and started crying. With this strength she returned to church as a strong member and brought the rest of her family with her.

So grateful for the spirit and the role he has in our in my life. It whispered to her to call us that night when we were getting food. It gave me the motivation to keep trying to visit them.Help them return to church and Lehi was baptized. Lehi bore his testamony as if he was an adult and a member for along time. He made half the room cry. I can´t wait to see his progress and see him go on a mission in a few years. Moments like this brings tears of joy to my eyes and sadness to know that I won´t be a missionary of the Lord for much more time.

It was really a honor to wear the Saviors name on my heart. I am not going to lie, I´m nervous to be going home. But I trust in the Lord that he has a plan for me.


3rd John
13 I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

Amen
-Elder Seth



No comments:

Post a Comment