Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10, 2014

Well its finally happening
 
I'm finally in Brasilia on my mission. Sure leaving the CTM was weird to leave because it was my home for the past 6 weeks but I was excited to finally taste the culture of Brasil.
 
Yesterday I got the meet president. He is literally the best person ever. Then I got my and with my two bags I was off. I got to meet my companheiro for the first time. Ele nome e Elder Najarro. He has been serving for 6 months and he is from El Salvador. He is the best, very happy, nice, energetic,and doesn't speak a lick of Ingles. Baptism by fire as I like to call it, that is how I will become fluent in Portuguese.
 
We had to take a 2 hour bus right from the mission house which at first didn't sound to bad but people on the roads here are crazy., especially the bus drivers. They are fast and stop nothing in between. Plus standing up the entire time gave my arms a great workout. They were sore when I woke uphaha.
 
I'm staying at a really cool area its really humbling. I saw a family using a horse drawn wagon as transportation and a lot of homeless people. also there is a huge market for spiked fences down here, future company idea(I think so).

Our apartment has 2 sets of elders and there all really cool. Its funny how in Brasil they made the floors out of nice marble but they don't have filtered or hot water, gotta give a little to get a little I guess.
 
I get frustrated with the language because everyone seems to have a different accent. I just need to practice more and more.

Well I don't have that much time on the computer because its not my P day they are just letting me check in. My Area is called Jardim Inga. This is my home for the next 6 week at least hopefully more.

I know there are so many people that can use the gospel in there life here, I can just see it in there faces how they aren't happy. I know that the gospel can and will help them live a happier life for not only then but there family.

I will talked to all of you next segunda-fiera, Monday. Love you all and hope I can make you proud. quote of the week is "Let your work talk, not your mouth"


Com Amor,
Elder Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment