Tuesday, September 29, 2015

September 28, 2015

‎Miracles to say the least. This week was so busy and so eventful. The work here is catching on fire in our area and all the members want a piece of it.

 To start off we are teaching  all of families who are look for a better life through following the steps of Jesus Christ. Our  days are chalk full of visits, at times we have to run to the next appointment so that we don´t show up late.(have to be super professional  in this area.) It was awesome because we are using the technique of getting to know the people, gaining there confidence, and the leaving a powerful message.

 This Sunday the Lord helped  us bring 15 investigator to church, and the best part is that we didn't pick anyone up. They all went by themselves. This is when you know that you are teaching people with desire. When they wake up early, put on there sundays best and take the kids to church on Sunday morning. I couldn´t stop smiling with joy this Sunday.
 Also we have been working a lot with less active members so that they can return to church. We were able to bring back 9 less active to church this week! 1 family hasn´t gone to church for 2 years. We will do everything we can to get 3 of them on missions! I´m so grateful for the spirit and the power it has to soften the hearts of men. Through this power people have a desire to return to church.

We are finishing up the marriage of Sandra and Julio this week! they asked if we could be witnesses at their  marriage, one of the best questions and honors I´v ever heard in my life. Everyone is really excited to see this family get baptized.

 The Anderson family is going strong still, they are practically already members, they will be married on the 8th and baptized on the 10th.

 We have Vitor and Lorenna a golden family who wen to church. The lesson was perfect because it was about what happened after death. Lorennas Mom died a few months ago and she was super close to her. We have a family night with them today, I´ll keep you guys posted.

 Something that we are doing that is making the biggest difference is what we are doing with members. In the past missionaries have passed through here and were just talking about all types of things. My comp and I are just talking about the work. We talk about our investigators, their  needs, where they live, what activities we are planning ect. This gets the members attention and gets them excited. Then we leave a message, as were leaving the house they give us a reference of a friend they have been holding on to for a long time. I wish I knew this in the beginning of my mission. The members take serious the missionaries who take the work serious. through this you gain respect, help, and confidence of the members.

 I´m loving it here. the area is amazing, the members are solid gold, and my comp is the best. We are super excited to see more miracles  this week!

I can´t wait for conference this week, I know is will be a conference that we will never forget. I know that we have a prophet that lives and guides us. This work is a work of miracles. I know this through my personal experiences. At  times I wish time could slow down so that I can cherish all the moments I´m passing.

I love you guys and I´m happy here to say the least.
Com Amor,
Elder Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment